Nintendo Switch updated to work with AirPods and other Bluetooth headphones
Yes you read that right. It’s been almost five years since Nintendo released the Nintendo Switch and one of the undoubtedly most in-demand features has been to be able to pair your bluetooth headphones – a technology used in telephones and other gadgets since the late 90s.
As announced by Nintendo of America on Twitter, Nintendo Switch users are now able to pair Bluetooth devices for audio output with this new update. On its support page, the Japanese company explains how this is going to work.
- Up to two wireless controllers can connect to a Nintendo Switch system while using Bluetooth audio. You will not be able to pair additional wireless controllers until you disconnect the Bluetooth audio device;
- Bluetooth audio will be disconnected during local communication, such as when starting a local wireless multiplayer game.
To pair your AirPods with the Nintendo Switch, just follow these steps:
- Update your Nintendo Switch to version 13.0.0;
- Go to “System Settings,” then “Bluetooth Audio;”
- Click on “Pair Device;”
- Then, don’t forget to hold your AirPods’ button until it goes white;
- Select it on the Switch and that’s it.
Source The Verge